Instruction for Authors
October 26, 2018 updated
- All accepted manuscripts become the property of the editorial committee of Annals of Vascular Diseases, and are published subject to Creative Commons license CC-BY-NC-SA (Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike).
We subscribe to the policy of uniform requirements for manuscripts submitted to biomedical journals: International Committee of Medical Journal Editors. Med Educ 1999; 33(1): 66-78 or http://www.icmje.org.
A submitted article is original and has not been published elsewhere before, also article submitted to AVD is not undergoing to peer-review of other journal for publication.
The corresponding author is responsible for ensuring that all authors have seen and approved of manuscript. Each author should have participated sufficiently in the work to take public responsibility for the content. Other contribution should be acknowledged at the end of manuscript.
Any funding, sponsorship or conflict must be stated. Materials relating to human investigation and animal experiment are published on the understanding that your local ethical committee has approved the work.
All manuscripts submitted for consideration must be the original work of the author(s) and they must be certified that the material has not been previously published in any language. All accepted manuscripts become the property of the editorial committee of Annals of Vascular Diseases, and are published subject to Creative Commons license CC-BY-NC-SA (Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike). Regardless of invited or voluntary submission, if excerpts from other copyrighted works are included, the author must obtain written permission from the copyright owners and credit the source in the article.
Permission requests may be submitted by E-mail. Please complete the request form below and send to AVD Editorial Office avd-edit[at]bunken.co.jp. Blanket permissions are not issued. Reprint Request Form
In cases of suspected double publication or plagiarism, the editors will clarify the matter with the authors and may contact the authors' institution.
- Cite sources regardless of direct or indirect citation.
- When directly citing, it is necessary to use the original text as less as possible, to put in quotation marks or to use indenting.
- Obtain permissions before submission if needed.
Every author should meet all the criteria below based on ICMJE Recommendations (http://www.icmje.org/recommendations/). Those who contributed to the article but do not meet the criteria should be mentioned in Acknowledgment section. Each author's contribution to the article should be stated before References section.
- Substantial contributions to the conception or design of the work; or the acquisition, analysis, or interpretation of data for the work; AND
- Drafting the work or revising it critically for important intellectual content; AND
- Final approval of the version to be published; AND
- Agreement to be accountable for all aspects of the work in ensuring that questions related to the accuracy or integrity of any part of the work are appropriately investigated and resolved.
Generally, ten is the maximum number of expected authors. More than ten authors will only be considered for multicenter clinical studies.
All manuscripts should be submitted via online submission-peer-review system at http://www.editorialmanager.com/avd/.
1) Preparation of Manuscript
Each of the following section should begin on a new page and all pages are numbered serially.
Please type by double space Title page, Abstract, Main text, References, and Figure Legends.
- Title page
- Main text
- Acknowledgment (if any)
- Disclosure Statement
- Figure Legends
- Tables (Table number and title should be above each table.)
- Figures (Each figure should be numbered.)
- Text: Word
- Table: Word or Excel (Image data and collecting text boxes are not acceptable.)
- Figure: TIFF or Powerpoint or Word
- Review Article: It is desirable to complete at a maximum of printed 10 pages (8,000 words).
- Original Article: not more than printed 6 pages (4,800 words).
- Case Report: not more than printed 3 pages (2,400 words).
- Clinical Trial: not more than printed 3 pages (2,400 words).
- How to Do It: not more than printed 3 pages (2,400 words).
- Editorial: not more than printed 2 pages (1,600 words).
*One page consists of approximately 800 words.
3) Title Page
The title page should give:
- The title of the article
- The authors' names and affiliation
- The name, address, telephone, fax and e-mail address of the corresponding author
- The manuscript type (Review Article, Original Article, Case Report, Clinical Trial, How to Do It, Editorial, or others)
- Running title (not more than 50 characters)
- Key words (not more than 5 for Review Article and Original Article, not more than 3 for Case Report, Clinical Trial, and How to Do It)
An abstract should not exceed 200 words for Review Article and Original Article, 100 words for Case Report, Clinical Trial, How to Do It and Editorial.
- Structured abstract for Original Article (Objective, Materials and Methods, Results, Conclusion)
- Unstructured abstract for Review Article, Case Report, Clinical Trial, How to Do It, and Editorial
5) Main text
- Original Article: in the format of introduction, materials and methods, results, discussion and conclusion
- Case Report: in the format of introduction, case report, discussion and conclusion
- Clinical Trial: in the format of introduction, clinical trial, discussion and conclusion
- How to Do It: in the format of introduction, case report and discussion
6) Disclosure Statement (COI)
When submitting a manuscript to Annals of Vascular Diseases, all authors are required to disclose any financial relationship with a biotechnology manufacturer, a pharmaceutical company, or other commercial entity that has an interest in the subject matter or materials discussed in the manuscript. Conflict of Interest should be disclosed both by 1) submitting the disclosure statement form and 2) adding the statement in the submitted manuscript. Download COI form.
7) Author Contributions
Each author's contribution to the work should be stated before References, using initials of the authors. The last three should be conducted by all authors.
Study conception: AZ
Data collection: BY, CX
Investigation: BY, EV, FU
Funding acquisition: EV
Critical review and revision: all authors
Final approval of the article: all authors
Accountability for all aspects of the work: all authors
Please ensure that you include all relevant references to previous articles in AVD. References should be typed with double spacing and cited in the Vancouver style.
Unpublished communications should be cited in the text, in parentheses. In the text, references should be numbered consecutively by superscript: 1,2 or 1-3. References should be listed in numerical order at the end of the article. The sequence for a journal article is: author(s), title of paper, journal name (abbreviated as in Index Medicus or written in full if no abbreviation quoted), year of publication, volume number, first and last pages. The sequence for a book is: author(s), editor(s) or compiler(s), title and edition number, place of publication and publisher's name, year of publication, first and last pages (if relevant).
- Review Article: not limited.
- Original Article: not more than 30.
- Case Report, Clinical Trial, How to Do It and Editorial: not more than 10.
- Stone DH, Brewster DC, Kwolek CJ, et al. Stent-graft versus open-surgical repair of the thoracic aorta: mid-term results. J Vasc Surg. 2006; 44: 1188-97.
- Roos DB. Transaxillary first rib resection for thoracic outlet syndrome. In: Bergan JJ, Yao JST eds. Operative Techniques in Vascular Surgery. New York: Grune and Stratton, 1980: 125-9.
9) Tables and Figures
- Review Article: not limited
- Original Article: not more than 5
- Case Report, Clinical Trial, How to Do It, Editorial: not more than 3
Publication and Charge
Authors are asked to check proof galley around one month later of acceptance. Checking of proofs is the author's responsibility. Please proof carefully and return the corrected pages by email or fax.
After checking, the manuscripts will be published on advance publication prior to issue online publication and print publication at http://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/browse/avd/advpub/0/_contents.
Online Issue Publication and Print Publication
After allocation of accepted manuscripts, they will be published on issue in print and online at:
There will be free of charge for submission and peer-review. The number of pages for publication should be limited in accordance to the article types described as below for free page charge. Authors cover the costs of extra page, color printing and offprints. Invited Review Articles and Editorials and other invited articles will be published for free while offprints are at cost.
Authors of unsolicited articles need to pay the publication charge in advance before publication. The total publication charge is fixed at proof check stage. Authors receive a mail which has a link to the payment page. The article will appear on advance publication online as soon as the payment is completed. If the author fails to complete the payment within three months of receiving the mail, publication of the article will be withdrawn. This journal accepts payment after the issue publication by bank transfer if the author pay the fee by public funds.
1) Extra Page
30,000 yen per every extra page will be charged to authors. Free of charge applies to:
- Up to 10 pages for a Review Article
- Up to 6 pages for an Original Article
- Up to 3 pages for a Case Report, a Clinical Trial, and a How to Do It
2) Color Reproduction
- Online Publication: free of charge
- Print Publication: 60,000 yen per every color page will be charged to authors.
Authors may select black/white printing for free.
Offprints of their published manuscript are available to authors by placing an order.
- Up to 100 copies - 15,000 yen
- 101 to 150 copies - 18,000 yen
- 151 to 200 copies - 20,000 yen
- 201 to 300 copies - 23,000 yen
*Prices are subject to change without notice.Annals of Vascular Diseases Editorial Office